- adjectivehaving the same appearance (as if mass-produced)-
a suburb of cookie-cutter houses• Similar to: ↑same
* * *\\ˈ ̷ ̷ ̷ ̷ ˈ ̷ ̷ ̷ ̷ \ adjectiveEtymology: cookie cutter, noun: marked by lack of originality or distinction
cookie-cutter shopping malls
* * */kook"ee kut'euhr/, adj.1. having the same configuration or look as many others of a given kind; identical: rows of cookie-cutter houses.2. lacking individuality; stereotyped or formulaic: a novel filled with cookie-cutter characters.
* * *cookˈie-cutter noun (N American)A template with a sharp edge used for cutting biscuit dough into shapesadjective (N Am inf)Having no distinctive features, as if produced from a template• • •Main Entry: ↑cookie
* * *cookie-cutter UK US adjective showing disapprovalused for describing people, things, or ideas that are exactly the same as others and not at all originalThesaurus: ordinary and normalsynonym
* * *adjUS disapproving : very similar to other things of the same kind : not original or different
a neighborhood of cookie-cutter houses
Opponents accused the candidate of taking a cookie-cutter approach to the problem. [=of not coming up with new ideas to deal with the problem]
Useful english dictionary. 2012.